all i want for ....
are my memories.
I was reading Her World, lazing in bed and feeling utterly sick when I came across this article on Felicia Chin. I lapped onto it like any other gossip worthy piece of entertainment until I came upon several key words such as softball and pitcher.
It was then, that my memory was given a jolt and i started recalling a girl by the name of Felicia in Secondary School. Lo and BeHold, I suddenly was able to draw the connection between these two girls as the same person.
She was the same girl I knew then, just that my memory had failed me for the two years since I started hearing about her in the Star Search. Then, I even asked my friend whether he knew her seeing that they were in the same school. Boy, do i feel dumb now.
A lapse in memory? Absolutely!
Wanting to have something to assist in filling the gaps of my warped memory, I rummaged through the drawers and found the year books of my past. With a flick of the pages, scenes of vibrant teenage hood started filling my mind akin to how a motion picture would appear except that some of them were pretty holey.
I realised then, that I had lost quite a fair bit of friends through the years, either because of the lack of contact or because I had forgotten them. It's scary really, how I am able to erase years of memories and knit tight bonds within a span of months.
With this reminiscence mood in check, I surfed the friendster pages of my ex classmates and realised how much they have all changed. I miss the times we had and how everything then was so much simpler.
So dear you, if you happen to be an old friend of mine, please email me with your no or msn addy so that we can rekindle our friendship. =)
On another note, I had comments regarding how aloof and distant I am upon a chance meeting with old chums. To clarify matters, this is only on a surface level. I have never been a good one at expressing my outward emotions.
As unbelievable as it might sound to those who think I am crazyee. I am very private and shy, really. Give me time to warm up and I'll open up.
Take care all. Mucho love.
tInkerdOll
Sunday, May 29, 2005
---++---