September Cleaning.
Who ever knew that sprucing up a room would require so much energy and commitment? Well, I for sure never expected it to be a two day affair which practically sapped me dry.
Mid way, I even burrowed a spot on to my bed and promptly dozed of for an hour much to the chagrin of my parents, whose attempts at waking me up, could be heard through my sleep induced haze.
But then again, the sense of satisfaction is indeed second to none. However, what puzzles me is how horrifyingly similar my room looks to its prior state. This is despite throwing away close to 17 bags of 'rubbish'.
At least, it does look neater, feel cleaner and much more like a room instead of a pig sty.
Cleaning the wardrobe was somewhat harder to do, since I'm such a sentimental fool. Each garment had to undergo the process of thoughts:
When did I buy it? Is it still fashionable? How would I wear it? Who bought it for me? Occasions where I wore it at...
Only then would the decision be made to keep the piece.
Understandably, it took me a couple of hours to get that section sorted out.
It's alarming though to discover how quickly the dirt seems to find its way back into the nooks and crannys of the room, like there was a certain invisible magnetic pull. And so it appears, I have to keep this vigilance of cleanliness up to prevent another mega episode.
Note: Soft toys and me, we have a deep vendetta.
tInkerdOll
Thursday, September 29, 2005
---++---