Hello, I back from oblivion, it has been ages since my last update and since then, even I have not visited my stagnant blog. Many a time, I logged in wanting to update to spice things up however, each time ended with me procrastinating. Life has indeed gone on quite a bit, with school commencing at SIM, pursuing a degree in Business with UOL (Uni of London). My days are kept busy with attending classes and attempting to keep fit. Swimming and playing golf (newbie) are my hobbies as of now.
The major happening thus far has been a collision when I went go-karting with Lionel, Ke and his friends. Thinking back, I am indeed fortunate to escape relatively unscathed with mainly burns and abrasions as a lesson and reminder. A reminder that I am by no means a pro racer more of a wannabe.
The story is, I was attempting to overtake a friend, Karl when we approached the bend. Unable to slow down in time, my kart collided with his, wheel upon wheel and me being the light feathered one flew up and out together with kart. I did a flip in mid air landing on my left side when the bucket seat of my kart came crashing down hitting the side of my back thus pushing me further along the gravel ground.
Needless to say, I sustained numerous injuries

.



The cleansing of the wounds brought upon indescribable pain but what hurt most was the sight of my brother and boyfriend faces of worry as they attended to the wounds. It was a bizarre moment, but I felt loved and safe, and I knew then that no matter how serious my injuries may be, I would persevere and fight on.
At that point of time, we were unable to determine whether there was any internal injuries and to make matters worse, we were in Malaysia, far from home. The drive back through the customs took approximately 3 hours but felt like an eternity. I felt like I was burning in a fire and every jolt of the car made contact between my wounds and the seat, intensifying the pain. My back also had a numbing pain from the impact of the bucket seat.
Many a time, I wanted to breakdown and weep or just settle comfortably to take a nap. However, having seen too many movies just brought on the phobia of falling asleep seeing that the people actually slipped into a coma soon after. Thus, to take my mind off the drowsiness and pain, I resorted to squeezing my forefinger in intervals of 5 minutes.
Time never seemed to pass by as slowly as then, stretching to what felt like an eternity.
Thankfully, I made it to the hospital in one piece and with the doctor’s consultation, relieved to find out that I only sustained superficial injuries.

So, that is my big story to tell.
As with all big incidents, there is always a moral at the end, a self discovery to help change and make life a better one.
I learned that no matter how cliché sayings of ‘Life being short’, ‘Treasure what you have’, ‘Living life to the fullest’ is, it always hits the hardest when something does happen to you.
Thus, I am grateful to have a great family with wonderful parents and a brilliant brother, truly my partner in crime growing up. Many lovable and interesting relatives who add that much spark into my life.
Fantastic friends who create a diverse and colourful atmosphere of which I thrive in. Humans are social creatures!
And last but not the least, my boyfriend, the love of my life, Kevin Wee. Thank you for accepting me through and through with all my quirkiness, mood swings and incessant chatter and indulging in my requests. Obviously, you know that I have many good qualities …Ahahaha… like being your devoted girlfriend. =)

Love you many… all of you!
I’ll be back again… soon. =)
tInkerdOll
Friday, October 06, 2006
---++---